Monday, September 14, 2009

A great picnic

Aloha: Yesterday was a great day up at "Bird Park". I still call it "bird park" because that is what the area was called when we first started going there in the late 40's. My dad got his first car when I was 4 years old and I am the 4th of 5 children. Our major form of entertainment on weekends was to get into the car; yes all 7 of us, no seat belts; and go for a ride. We rarely knew where we were going, we just went. It was a great life. Well, to get back to what I was talking about, our picnic was great. As usual too much to eat. My older brother and my grand nephew made the mistake of eating breakfast, but we stuffed them anyway. My younger brother showed up just as we were putting the food away. He made an even greater error as he had eaten lunch. The church he goes to has a pot luck every Sunday after services. We did not expect him as he usually gives rides to 1 to 3 people from Hilo and they are "antsy" to get back down to sea level. He said he told them they were on their own so he could be there.

After we had eaten and got things packed up the weather went from bright and sunny to slightly wet. I guess we lucked out as we did not have to walk around the park trail. Us old guys dodged a bullet there. The weather today is the same as yesterday. It is now about 1p and has clouded up and it looks like we just might get a mizzle.

On Wednesday Nabru and his grandson pick me up and we will tour the HVNP. I love showing off this island. I hope my friend Arther does not show up as he can be a real pain and a drag.

The Volcano report is SOS. The only oddity is that earthquakes are really down. Below background levels. The overlook webcam has recorded a glow for the last few days, but the glow does not show up on the HVO webcam.

That's it for today. I am still waiting for a response from Connie. God bless and be good to each other.

2 comments:

kaiulani said...

It sure was nice. I think we should do that more often, even if we dont have any special guests. Its nicer than going to someones house, I think...

hokusushi said...

I had a lot of fun...especially our make shift volleyball game we had going on in the back. :) We should do that more often even if its just us!! Definitely!!