Thursday, September 10, 2009

Are you there?

Aloha: When I was a kid (last century) we were told that in England you answered the phone, not with a "hello", but with a "are you there". I have titled today's blog "Are you there" because I only follow 4 blogs and I have not seen a posting from 2 of them in over a month. Hokusushi and Coconut Girl Connie are missing in action. Hokusushi is my daughter Anakam so I see her all the time so she is OK, but Connie? "Are you there?"

Have you ever had your phone ring and when you answer the person on the other end asks "Who are you?"? I just tell them "If you do not know who you are calling I do not want to talk to you." and I hang up. Well, not really that politely.

I had an uncle, Uncle John, who, one day, got a call from a young lady who wanted to talk to Fred. He told her that she had the wrong number and that no one named Fred lived there. She called back about a half hour later and did so for about 4 calls. Finally he told he that Fred was out with Jane and the girl just broke down crying. He felt so bad that he spent the time to convince her that she indeed had the wrong number. Funny how one thought leads to another and us old guys just keep rambling on and on and on and........

I think I will stop looking at my rain gauge every day and maybe just once a week. Except for the one time I got 0.35 inches all I get is a trace amount. If I just leave it in the gauge for a week the trace today and the trace tomorrow just might add up to something I can measure.

My brother and his grandson are coming to this side of the island today. It looks like I will be off next week so I just might be able to "tag along" on the trips on this side of the island. We just might be able to see a sea turtle on the beach at Punalu'u.

Wow, this is getting long. Take care and be good to each other. May God bless all of you and may He bless America.

2 comments:

kaiulani said...

Yes, I have people calling my phone all the time asking for Edward Ascuncion. This has gone on for two years now. Its quite irritating. Especially when they dont believe me when I tell them that I dont know who that is. They even leave messages on my machine when my machine clearly states our names. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. Hokusushi is too busy to post. At least she reads the blogs though.

hokusushi said...

yes...at least i read the blogs. :)