Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's Sunday again!

Aloha: Guess what day today is? That's right, today is Sunday, the 14th of February, Valentines Day. I well take this opportunity to wish all of you a very happy Valentines Day. (Thank God for spell check!)

Kansas Vovo and I had a very good day on Friday. We did a little bit of touring in HVNP; she wanted to see the plume from Halema'uma'u, and I showed her the areas I used to walk before my "friend" started to complain. We had lunch in Na'alehu, then headed back to Punalu'u. There were 5 green sea turtles on the beach and a few more, either coming or going, in the water. Tomorrow Vovo will be heading back to Hawi. I will be going out on Thursday and bringing her back to this side of the island on Friday. Boy, does time fly!!!

Friday was also a very interesting day for the USA. Hawaii was the only state that did not have snow falling. We had snow in October and November (I think), but it has been dry the last few months so no snow. (Yes, we do get snow on our mountains in Winter.) In the 70's I would go up Mauna Kea in the morning to play in the snow on Christmas Day. At about 1p we would head down the mountain to Hapuna beach to play in the water. I do not think you can do that in California. The only problem was I would get a nasty headache. Could it be the change in elevation? (Sea level to 13,000 feet in less that 6 hours.)

Now for the reports. Volcano is SOS; weather is beautiful; rain is just a trace. (We could use a few inches.) I am having an A.D.D. moment. I can not remember if that is it or am I missing something. Oh well, may the Good Lord bless and keep you all safe, and may He bless the USA.

1 comment:

kaiulani said...

Its not Sunday anymore... its already Thursday and you havent posted anything... whats wrong?