Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rumble, rumble.

Aloha: The volcano report is NOT SOS!!! This is from the HVO website (in red).

Past 24 hours at Kilauea summit: At 1:38 PM (Hawaiian Standard Time) Tuesday afternoon, a large collapse within the summit vent occurred, resulting in a loud booming sound heard across the caldera area, shaking that could be felt at the Jaggar Museum, generation of a dark brown plume, ejection of ash and lapilli, a very-long-period seismic signal, and an inflationary tilt offset. The initial collapse destabilized the vent, and for the next 3 hours numerous additional collapse signals were recorded by seismometers, some of which resulted in shaking that was again noted at the Jaggar Museum. Between 2:30 PM and 3:30 PM, a portion of the floor of Halemaumau Crater collapsed, enlarging the west rim of the summit vent. Earthquakes are up, RB2S2BL quakes are 6 times higher then before the collapse. Yesterday the earthquake map had 24 quakes on it. Today there are 44. I think that the vent has filled with rubble so there was no glow last night from either of the webcams.

The weather today is great. I got a notice from the PO to pick up a package, went to the PO and they could not find the package. They now have to call all the people who got packages this week to see if any of them got it.

I got a letter from Sears this week. (Very interesting week) It seems that they found a check made out to me for $56. The check is "stale dated" and asked if I wanted them to reissue the check. They had no idea what the check was for, but I do. Several years ago I bought a refrigerator from Sears that had free delivery. I had to prepay the delivery and was to be reimbursed. I never got my money. Somebody just put the check in a drawer and forgot about it. I called and my daughter called till I just got so mad I put their charge card in the shredder. I just mailed Sears back and told them to "send me the money!".

I guess that will do it for today. God bless and take care.

1 comment:

kaiulani said...

How exciting!