Friday, July 24, 2009

Another day

Aloha: From what I hear the weather in volcano on the day I was in Hilo was very, very wet. Booms and flashes and a lot of rain. Yesterday and today were/is great. I think that Anakam starts her new jog on Monday. Maybe I will have the honor of playing with my mo'opuna next week.

Today the minimum wage (Federal) went up. That does not effect Hawaii as the minimum in Hawaii is greater that the national wage. I have for years thought that the raising of the minimum was not really fair to the lower middle class. Those making $10 to $15 an hour just lose purchasing power as the products and services of those making the new minimum rise in price.

The volcano is doing its thing. All is SOS. Take care, be good and may God bless.

1 comment:

kaiulani said...

I agree. Its sad to think that one day mean minimum wage will mean middle class.