Saturday, July 18, 2009

Try, try again

Aloha: I have been feeling down in the dumps for a while now. I see things happening that I do not like and feel quite helpless to do anything about them. I now honestly believe that my mother, who was born in 1913 and died in 2006, lived in the best of times for this country. I am afraid that from now on it is going to be down hill and the United States will just be an experiment in the history of the world. Do not forget that it is the victor who writes the history so we just might only be a footnote.

The weather is wet at volcano today; just a guess as I am in Hilo today. It was wet when my wife and I left this morning, wet all the way to Hilo and looks like it will be wet when we go home tonight. My wife has been teaching a class for the Red Cross the last 2 evenings and all day today and will be again all day tomorrow. She is training instructors to teach first aid and CPR and AED and what not. The RC has changed how they do things and I, for one, do not think it is for the better. Now you do not have to be certified in CPR to teach CPR. Question. How do you teach somebody to do something if you do not do it yourself?

Volcano report: There were no significant changes. That is straight from the "horses mouth". I just might be able to go on Crater Rim Drive again in my lifetime. That's it for this week. Be good to each other and may God bless.

No comments: