Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lua o Pele

Aloha: Here it is, another Sunday in beautiful Hawaii nei. I have been having trouble "hooking up" to the webcams at HVO. Last night at about 8 I finally got in and it looked like there was low level fountaining at Pu'u 'O'o. Part of the rim of Pu'u 'O'o fell into the crater right in front of the camera. The protective housing of the camera even got hit by some rocks.

Yesterday was a very good day. It was my mo'opuna's 4th birthday. We had a get-together at Richardson's Beach Park. Kansas Vovo was there as was Topher's brothers and sisters with their children. As always there was too much to eat but we tried to keep leftovers to a minimum. We ate at noon and did not need to have anything for dinner. I hope I did not do too much damage to my diet. Sushi, poke, sausage, steaks and short ribs on the grill; what excuse can we use to do it again. Uncle Chief came too late to get his chicken cooked.

Now for the reports. It is a beautiful day in "God's country". The air is clear and clean, the sun in shinning, it is 60 degrees on the sunny side of the house and the birds are making all their happy sounds. Even with the goings on at Pu'u 'O'o the volcano report is still SOS. The rain report is "dry". Just a trace in the gauage for the week. I just might have to start rationing water till the rain fills my tank.

Topher will be off this week so Kansas Vovo and I will try to get to Hawi this week. That way KV will be able to get some wheels and will be more able to visit with her high school buddies and cousin Agnes. If you want to know anything about the clan, Agnes knows; and she loves to tell all about it. When you visit with her make sure you have several hours, and I guarantee that you will enjoy every minute.

Well that will be it for today. May the Good Lord bless and keep you all safe and sound in these troubled times.

No comments: