Friday, January 15, 2010

It's me again.

Aloha: I''mmmm Baaaaack. I just could not stay away for very long. I see my eldest has gone back to taking pictures of her shoes for her blog. She went to Kona with us last week and found a rack of shoes at $1 a pair. Needless to say, the rack was empty when she left.

We went to Target and I bought a filter pitcher called "Zero Water", They were not talking about the price. In Hawaiian it is called "nui kala". You get a meter with the pitcher and so I measured the water from my catchment system and got a reading of 15. I checked out the bottled water, "Dasani" and got a reading of 24. The water I get off the roof of the house is cleaner than the bottle water we buy. When I measured the filtered water I did not get a zero but a 2. It did take the sulfur taste out of the water though.

I will not have to sit my mo'opuna next week, which is good timing as my sister, Kansas Vovo, is visiting from, you guessed it, Kansas. Kansas is getting quite a bit of snow this winter. I do believe a record was set for December. We will have to set up a program for "go holoholo" for next week. I think Hawi sister will be coming into Hilo on Wednesday so other than that the week is open.

My mo'opuna is sick today so he did not go to school. When I got to Anakam's house and logged on I saw that on the way down we had an earthquake up in Volcano. Just a little shaker, 3.2. Just strong enough that you start to pray. Out volcano was rather active last night. The lava got up to about 120 meters from the floor of Halema'uma'u. The volcano report is SOS. The filling up of the vent is part of the inflation part of a DI event.

The temperature in Volcano this morning was 49 and we have a high cloud cover so it will not get too hot today. So there you have it. Take care and may God bless and keep you all safe.

No comments: