Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rubbish anyone?

Aloha: Today is the day that my sister, Kansas Vovo, arrives. I am worried about who is picking her up at the airport. My daughter, Anakam, keeps telling me "no worry" , but I am me so....

Today I did not need to go to Hilo to sit my mo'opuna and, shame on me, I did not realize that I should go down to greet my sister so I am stuck in Volcano as the cars are in Hilo. Auwe!!! The brain box stay burn!

As to today's title. This morning my wife took the rubbish to the "transfer" station and lo and behold, the "rubbish police" would not let her transfer the rubbish because transfers can only be made on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. She wondered why there was a pile outside the gate. People in Volcano are used to being able to "transfer" their rubbish on their way to work early in the morning, or later in the evening after they get back from Hilo. She ended up going all the way to the Hilo "transfer" station to make the transfer. Why can't the powers that be call the rubbish dump a rubbish dump? What is the reason it is now called a "transfer station"?

Anakam and Topher had a meeting with CJ teacher to discuss his behavioral problems. He is now on 2 week probation. "Shape up or ship out!" I have never had a male child so I think I will have to pick Kansas Vovo's brain as she has had 3.

Time to go so I will close. May God bless you all and take care.

No comments: