Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Not so easy.

Aloha: I am writing this early today. I just got back from the beach where I was going to find Blackbeard's treasure with my brother-in-law's metal detector. I got the machine up and running and put is to the ground and it goes off. I dig up a bottle cap. Take two steps and get some tin foil. Long story short; about every 20 seconds I got a hit and no treasure. Got tired of bending over so retired to Anakam's house for breakfast, fox news and doing this blog.

We are all looking forward to Kansas Vovo's visit. She arrives next week and will be here for about 5/6 weeks. I have not figured it out with a calendar yet.

She has not said anything yet but I get the impression that my wife is going to "help" me with my diet. Yesterday she made me a breakfast; boiled egg, and slice of bread. For lunch she brought a subway sandwich which we shared. This morning a boiled egg and a slice of bread. For lunch; crackers and cottage cheese. Looks like I will lose that 30 pounds by next week.

I just read an article from the National Inflation Association. The value of the copper in a pre 1989 penny (I think it was 1989) is 2cents. The value of the nickle in a 5cent nickle is 6 cents. No wonder it is against the law to melt penny's and nickles. It is not against the law to melt junk silver. Somewhere I have a 3cent silver. Of the 3cent pieces it is the 3cent nickle that is really worth something.

The weather was voggy this morning in Volcano. We are waiting for the trades to come back and blow all the vog to Kona. Better them than us! The volcano report is SOS. Lava was visible in the hole in the pit in the crater in the caldera of Kilauea last night.

I guess that will be it for today. God bless and take care.

2 comments:

kaiulani said...

That would be something good to take to hapuna or even browns...

hokusushi said...

no sneaking cookies!!! :P