Thursday, March 11, 2010

Volcano report?

Aloha: I am sorry, some will say that I am the sorriest person around, but the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory (HVO) has not updated the volcano report for two days now. They usually do it every day but not yesterday and, again, not today.

The weather is the same as yesterday. We have had some rain, but not as much as we need. Speaking of rain...Does 7.48 gallons of water in one cubic foot seem high to you? I have done the math twice now and that is the figure I get. An acre-foot of water is 325,851 gallons. An acre-foot (the amount of water needed to cover one acre to a depth of one foot) would be 43,560 cubic feet of water.

Do you know that an acre is defined as an area that measures one chain by one furlong? What is a furlong you ask? Simple, a furlong is 10 chains. Have I given you all a headache yet?

That will be it for today. God bless and take care.

No comments: