Monday, December 29, 2008

Aloha: Earthquake activity on the southeast rift of Kilauea has picked up. The largest quake was 3.2, large enough to be felt. It happened at about 1:40p yesterday. So far no one has reported feeling it. Halema'uma'u is just doing its thing. The rain has increased the amount of steam from all the hot spots around the crater.

I guess that winter is here. Cloudy and misty, temp in the 50s. Great weather for kicking back, having a cup of hot coffee and getting fat eating Christmas goodies. We are planning on spending a quiet New Years here at home. Hopefully all of the goodies will be gone and I will be able to go back on my diet. So far I have lost about 30 pounds and have about 35 more to go. I hope to hit my target by my birthday.

Last night I had weird dreams and when I woke up thought I would write about them but now I can not remember what they were. I guess I should be like Beethoven and keep a note pad by the bed to write down notes.

It looks like that after the 20th of January Hawaii will be the "Western White House". I hope that we will get more tourist to help the economy. Too bad we lost the sugar industry. We need a more stable industry here in Hawaii.

be good to each other and may God bless and keep you all safe and sound.

No comments: