Friday, June 4, 2010

Swimming lessons.

Aloha: In my last post I said YMCA when in fact it is the YWCA that has the pool and the swimming lessons. I checked out the YWCA and Anakam will have to join the YWCA before I can take CJ for lessons. He is only 4 and the County of Hawaii pools have lessons at $10 per and the start age is 5. I guess I will have to take him to the pool and teach him myself. The only trouble with that is that he does not take the "tickle monster" seriously.

The view from the Pu'u 'O'o webcam is quite good at night. Too bad there is no way for the public to get into the area to see it first hand. But then the rim of the crater has a tendency to collapse; that is the reason they have a new (and better) camera at Pu'u 'O'o.

Yesterday my wife went to Maui for the day for a meeting with the Maui FD. She goes on so many trips that I am having trouble getting them all right in my head. She went from Hilo to Maui and the return was Maui to Honolulu to Hilo. She told me that the security in Hilo was much higher than the other two airports. She was patted down twice in Hilo, at the checkpoint where you take off your shoes and again at the gate to get on the plane.

Things here in Hawaii nei are, as always, beautiful. I think that we will go to the Zoo today. Anakam is off so it will be the three of us. I guess that will do it for today. Love to all and may the Good Lord bless and keep all of you safe. May God bless America!

No comments: