Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Aloha: I hope all you father's out there have a very Happy Father's Day. My wife went to Honolulu for Red Cross training this weekend so this father is able to sleep late, eat what he wants, and watch what he wants all day. She returns at 5p tonight so maybe we will go to Nori's for pork chops. Speaking of pork chops, when in Kona go to Manago's and have pork chops. Great stuff. Cooked on an old cast iron grill, fantastic!!!!!

It appears that the lava pond in the Pu'u 'O'o crater is no longer active. Halema'uma'u, on the other hand, is chugging along. The volcano report is SOS. The rain report is 0.1 inches for the week. When I checked the rain gauge I ate a bunch of green beans from my wife's garden and I must say, fresh vegetables from the garden taste a whole lot better then in the house. Crisp, crunchy and sweet. My mother would tell us that when she was a child her dad would have her mom start to boil the water and when the water was ready he would go into the garden and pick the corn, husk it on the way back to the house and put it in the pot. My grandfather had quite a garden, at least half an acre. I do not think they ever bought any vegetables, even in the winter.

That will be it for today. God bless and take care. Love to all.

No comments: