Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cell Phone Blues

Aloha: Last week my cell phone died. I would turn it on and the phone would turn itself off. The cell phone doctor was unable to breath life into the phone so yours truly had to get a new one. Since the old would not stay on my phone book could not be transferred out into the new phone so good ole Anakam had to redo the phone book. I got some news for her; I got another page of numbers for her.

Chapter two: One week later the new phone does not ring. It just shakes. I take it to the phone store and the girl there gets it to ring while shaking so I go to Anakam's house and by chance, either she or I was holding the phone and it starts to shake, no ring. Back to the store I go and the phone is pronounced broken beyond repair. I am told to call a special number to make a claim. Back to Anakam's I go (home is 30 miles away) to make the call and at about the 15th time I have to choose between 1 and 2 Anakam tells me to push 0 and not stop. Wow, I got a real live person and he tell me since the phone is less than 30 days old to take it back to the store for a replacement.

Chapter three: Back to the store I go and this time Anakam comes with me. I talk to the 3rd person for the day. "O ya, we will exchange the phone, do you have the box and all the papers" Auwe!!!!! I am not going to the dump to look for that which was thrown away because it was rubbish! I had had the phone for a total of 8 days. Anakam asked one question. "What the hell is he supposed to do now?" The clerk goes to the back room and come out with a new phone and tells me the "boss" told him to give me a new phone. This time the phone book was able to be transferred. At least one thing went right. The real kick in the pants is that if my phone had gone out one week earlier or later I would not have needed a new phone as the fire department had given my wife a blackberry and told her to keep the old phone as they had no use for it. She was on Maui the week the phone went out.

I will have some great news later so stay tuned, but this will be it for today. God bless and take care.

No comments: