Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July.

Aloha: Today we celebrate the "birthday" of our country. Too bad we were unable to do as Ben Franklin suggested. I have been trying to watch Glen Beck every day. On Friday's his program is called "Founder's Friday". He sources everything back to the original through the Library of Congress. This idea of changing history is really a very old idea. Would you believe I finished high school in 1962? The American History textbook we used then was published in 1942, before I was born. I have been made aware that even then, the textbooks were "slanted" so as to convey a "political" message. Even in the 60's we were taught politically correct half-truths, from books that were 20 years old. That means that even our teachers were taught these half-truths. That is why Beck and others are going back to the "source"; old books in the Library of Congress. I know most, if not all, of my readers don't care so will go no further.

We had 0.4 inches of rain this past week up here in God's country. The volcano is doing its thing so all is SOS. Sometimes I think the HVO staff just changes the date every morning. My wife and eldest daughter are having a very long weekend. Furlough Friday and a holiday on Monday make for a four day weekend. The county is on furlough Friday on the first and third Friday's of every month.

May God bless you all and keep all of you safe. Love to all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. custom website development company